There are a few changes specific to the OS X package:
- More reliable probing due to the new ntfs-3g.probe utility, included in the main ntfs-3g source tree.
- Graphical user feedback when a mount operation does not succeed through a Finder dialog box.
- Ability to turn off the UBLIO caching layer for individual drives. This is done by creating a file called ".ntfs-noublio" in the directory ".NTFS-3G" at the root of the NTFS drive.
- Errors are always logged to the log file (/var/log/ntfs-3g.log). Debug logging can be turned on as an additional option.
- All "control files" (.ntfs-readonly, .ntfs-locale and .ntfs-noublio) have been consolidated to a new ".NTFS-3G" subdirectory under the root of the drive. If you depend on these control files, please move them manually to it's new location before installing this version of the package.
Download NTFS-3G 1.2129 [stable]
Download NTFS-3G 1.2129 [ublio]
(packaging by catacombae)
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4/10.5, a PowerPC or Intel computer, MacFUSE 1.1 or later installed.
This package has been tested with OS X 10.4.11/Intel and OS X 10.5.1/Intel.
ntfs-3g 1.2129 (patched)