Download Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2009.12-RC
System requirements: A Mac (Intel or PowerPC) running Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6 (32-bit kernel).
You can purchase a license for Tuxera NTFS for Mac in the Online Shop.
- Performance improvements: Tuxera NTFS for Mac now includes many of the improvements featured in Tuxera NTFS for Embedded systems, designed to further increase performance and reduce unnecessary driver workload, especially when working with many smaller files and traversing large directory hierarchies.
For example, when crawling a test volume recursively, 2009.12-RC was nearly 40% faster than 2009.10.
- Performance improvements: The caching layer has been improved with more efficient lookup, which means less CPU overhead, and measures have been taken to minimize the amount of excess data that is read when accessing files in a random fashion.
- Feature: Tuxera NTFS for Mac now includes a new preference pane option "Disable recovery dialog for hibernated volumes", which makes the driver ignore NTFS volumes that contain a hibernated Windows session instead of showing a dialog asking the user whether it wants to purge the hibernated state or abort mounting.
- Bugfix: Fix for some users of Snow Leopard who had problems with formatting NTFS volumes (Tuxera NTFS was not displayed as a formatting option at all times).
- Fix: General usability improvements in the installer and preference pane.
- Fix: Minor fixes to improve compatibility with the built-in NTFS driver.
- Experimental: Tuxera NTFS now attempts to mount Windows LDM partitions by default. This will not work at all times, but one user did benefit from this change.
Because of large changes for the codebase, this release is labeled a Release Candidate, and we would appreciate some feedback from users.
Please post your experiences here among the blog comments, or on the Tuxera Support Forum.