Monday, October 11, 2010

Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2010.10

The latest release of Tuxera NTFS for Mac, our high performance commercial NTFS driver is now out!

Download Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2010.10

System requirements: A Mac (Intel or PowerPC) running Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6.

You can purchase a license for Tuxera NTFS for Mac in the Online Shop.

Changes since Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2010.9-RC:

  • Bugfix: Reenabled the 'create time' for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 produced an error while trying to save projects to an NTFS volume.
  • Bugfix: Worked around an issue with copying certain files containing unusually large extended attributes.
All users are welcome to discuss any NTFS-3G or Tuxera NTFS-related issues on the Tuxera Support Forum.
Customers are encouraged to use our email support address to report problems. See your activation email for the address.

TUFS source code: tufs-tuxera_ntfs-2010.10.7.tar.bz2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the bug fixed where free disk space isn't updated until after re-mounting the disk?

Erik said...

Anonymous, October 11, 2010 7:36 PM:

Please try out this latest build, which features a fix for this issue:

http://www.tuxera.com/mac/tuxerantfs_2010.10.1-RC_2010-10-12_150903.dmg

Does this build fix your problems with free diskspace updates?

Anonymous said...

I did a benchmark between ntfs-3g and tuxera ntfs and yes, it's really faster. Copying big files up to 150%

http://infiniteblogging.co.cc/2010/11/tuxera-ntfs-vs-ntfs-3g-benchmark/

But i recognized a bug: if you copy a whole directory to a new place, tuxera doesn't create a new directory and just copies the files.

I did this in a shell: cp -r folder/ destination/
and there is no folder in destination/, just the files.

Is there a workaround?

Erik said...

Anonymous, November 13, 2010 4:12 PM:

That is not a bug, it's supposed to be that way if you invoke cp with "folder/" as source instead of just "folder".

Mac User #330250 said...

I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood this… but why are you supplying the source tarball of a *commercial* product?
Don't I need to pay for Tuxera NTFS for Mac?

I'm using the free version NTFS-3G for Mac on my ancient Power Mac G3 (Jan. 1999, 350 MHz!) and I'm really satisfied. Thanks for all your work!

Erik said...

Mac User #330250:

Hi,

The source tarball is for 'TUFS', our rebranded and integrated version of MacFUSE. This component is only a small part of the package and was always open source and (to some extent) free/libre software, so we are simply releasing our modifications.

- Erik

Unknown said...

What does this do? I am trying to transfer my photos from my mac onto my Iomega HDD external hard drive, but it won't let me. How do I fix that??